Where Bees and Chickens Live in Harmony
Welcome! We just finished up our first ever Food and Gift Show, at the Tacoma Dome! If you’ve wandered here after meeting us there, thanks for stopping by! We’re working on stocking the web store, and will have it fully functional in the next couple of days. In the meantime, if there’s something you need, please just drop us a line!
Half Acre Homestead is a “microfarm” located just inside the city limits of Battle Ground, Washington. We believe in quality food, organic practices, promoting local commerce, supporting local farmers, and building community ties between individuals. Our goals include:
- Creating old-fashioned candy, jams, jellies, baked goods, and other value-added foods made by hand in small batches, using the highest quality ingredients.
- Providing local customers with fresh, chemical-free foods grown with organic and natural growing methods.
- Assisting local residents with establishing their own backyard “farms” through consultation and construction services for raised garden beds, organic practices, drip systems, chicken coops, bee hives and more.
- Supporting local food distribution systems through direct sales to consumers from the Homestead and at farmers markets as well as local and regional establishments.
- Offering a variety of handcrafted items for our customers’ own homesteads, including native bee houses, yard art, bird feeders, jewelry and decorative items.
- Instilling a sense of historical connectedness and respect for nature through community education and outreach.
- Providing food security for those hit hard by the economy by donating fresh produce and eggs regularly to the local food bank.
Supporting your local farmer and food manufacturer, no matter how large or small the farm, is one way to build your own vital connections with people and the Earth. Raising your own food is another way to help you and your family connect with nature and reclaim healthy eating habits.
Please see our News & Events pages for upcoming classes and famers’ market dates. If there is something particular you would like or you need something when we won’t be at a market, please feel free to contact us to arrange a pickup. Although due to our size we won’t be able to have many on-farm activities, if you would ever like to see where your food is grown, we would be more than happy to show you around and answer any questions you might have.